Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year



2008 will be memorable for a variety of reasons. some forgettable, some forever cherished. Day One of 2009 brings with it a renewed sense of optimism and hope. Today is the first day. The first day to begin reading the Bible through completely. First day to pray to God and share with Him my needs, desires, and hopes. First day to say to my wife, Shari and to my sons Calvin and Randall, I Love You! First Day to make my life count to God in 2009. Each day of this new year will be packed with opportunities for personal and spiritual growth. some of those opportunities will come in the form of challenges and obstacles. While others will find us with the wind at our back experiencing wonderful moments of celebration. There will be both successes and failures, yet the lessons learned will make each of us better individuals.

On this first day, I am again challenged to examine my life, my heart, and my motivations in order to gaze deeper inside myself to find out where my focus is. In the midst of change, in the midst of ministry commitments, in the midst of family responsibilities, in the midst of a lot of craziness and disorder its easy to lose sight of the number one priority of my life . . . My relationship with God! I want to renew that relationship, fall back in love, and fall on my knees daily in submission and worship to Christ! May 2009 be the year that as a ministry leader, husband, father, and friend that I've positioned myself better in order to experience all of Gods extraordinary plans for my life.

The Bible says in Psalms 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God". It's astounding what God can say and do when you remain silent and still. Lately, I've doing a lot of that. He has spoken into my heart on a number of occasions during my quiet moments with Him. As He speaks and I listen I am being challenged deep on the inside. I love His presence and His anointing that He has placed on me. It is my sincere desire to humbly serve and lead this magnificent church into one of its greatest years of ministry ever. I hope you are filled with the same desire and zeal for the coming year as I possess. I will be praying for you to have your "Best year Ever!" Let's all crave more of God, His presence and His power in our lives in 2009!

No comments: