Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day Twenty One

Yesterday was a great day for America. Millions watched the peaceful transfer of power as Barack Obama became our 44th U S President. Many television news programs estimated the crowd around the U S Capital building at nearly two million. People from all fifty states, from various backgrounds, educational levels, social standing and faiths came together craving a glimpse of history. Our new President will be watched closely in the coming days, weeks, and months to produce the change he promised on the campaign trail. Regardless of your political views, he and his family, and his administration will need the prayer covering of the Christian community to govern wisely, with integrity, humility and concern for the American people. Every American citizen craves for a better future.

That got me to thinking...are you a Christian who craves more of God in your life? When we intentionally get close to God, He moves close to us. As you sense His presence surrounding you, all is well regardless of your circumstances. I'm so very grateful for His presence in my life. I've found that sitting at the Lord's feet brings outstanding results into my life! His presence empowers, fuels, guides, ignites, and sustains absolutely everything I attempt to accomplish for His glory! There are numerous memories in my heart that remind me of the instances when God spoke to me in my morning or evening devotions. My daily moments with Him are always a top priority. Without that time alone with Him I stumble forward spiritually imbalanced and weakened. My day soon becomes empty, tiring, and totally chaotic. All too often I've discovered that neglecting to feed my soul with His word brings devastating results into my life, ministry, and relationships. I know that I need to hear and be directed by God each day.

Sadly, too many go through life with a starved soul and a famished heart. Time spent with God will challenge you, provoke you, and change you. You cannot remain the same. Some once wrote "You can celebrate God in a crowd, but you can only get to know Him one on one". I heartily agree with that statement. We all need time alone with Him. Make your time with the Lord the highlight of your day. Learn to filter out the unnecessary things in order to maintain a life of spiritual fruitfulness. You'll be glad that you did!

Here are some nuggets that I discovered this morning during my devotions and prayer time. All of these are from the Message Bible.

*Nahum 1:7 "God is good, a hiding place in tough times. He recognizes and welcomes anyone looking for help, no matter how desperate the trouble."
* Hosea 14:9 "If you want to live well, make sure you understand all of this. If you know what's good for you, you'll learn this inside and out. God's paths get you where you want to go. Right-living people walk them easily; wrong-living people are always tripping and stumbling".
*First John 3:20 "God is greater than our worried hearts and knows more about us than we do ourselves".

1 comment:

Lori said...

* Hosea 14:9 "If you want to live well, make sure you understand all of this. If you know what's good for you, you'll learn this inside and out. God's paths get you where you want to go. Right-living people walk them easily; wrong-living people are always tripping and stumbling".

Wow, this one really spoke to me. How many times do we just go out on our own, we think "Oh I've got this" and it just becomes a big mess. After being a single mom for so long, I learned quickly that GOD is in control, and some days I didn't know how we were going to be taken care of, but God sure did. In these crazy times w/ cutbacks and all, it's a lesson I'm relaying to my hubby, and together, we're learning to let God...He does such a better job anyway.

Thanks for your awesome class this evening. Always GOoD stuff!