Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day Eleven

Whew! It's been a full day. Just got home from our first RUN THE RACE 101 discipleship class of the new year. Nine individuals signed up for the first of three consecutive weeks for personal and spiritual growth. It was very encouraging and refreshing to hear their comments and impressions of Bethel Temple. You folks are making an outstanding impact on our guests!! Keep up the great work. Don't miss next weeks opportunity to participate in RUN THE RACE 201.

Wasn't today's worship service superb. I thought for a moment that that we were going to all experience something glorious. Thanks to our worship team for doing such a marvelous job of ushering in God's presence! The winter weather hampered their practice schedule but they didn't miss a beat today. Great job team!!! ( Brian Muyendekwa, Rich Ontko, Tim Elswick, Jerrod Mercer, Sean Born, Judy Burdett, Sandy Butler, Pastor David Shores, Ashely Gerycz, Darwin Nealon, Edgar Santos, Randy Umbel, and David Burnside ).

I hope that you realize that each time we gather for church people are coming with baggage. Some come with questions, "What am I going to do with my life?", "How can I cope with all the demands in my life?", "Why am I always disappointed?", others come loaded down with concerns and the storms of life beating against them. Moments in our sanctuary provide for them the opportunity to connect with God and others of like faith. Some of our greatest moments of impact in another persons life is when we take the time to connect and pray with them. Loving people is what is what creates the fertile soil for God's presence to flourish. Ask God to show you who you are to extend Christian love to this coming week. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Thank you for your kind words about the Worship Team. Also I like the sermon about WORDS

Unknown said...

I have to agree with you that the Worship team did an amazing job and I most definitely felt God's presence among us. Your sermon as always hit the mark on my heart. I am glad to be part of Run the Race. I can't wait for 201 and neither can the kids thanks to Shari;)