Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day Six

Today i spent a good part of the day putting some final touches on this coming Sundays message. It will be the kick off to a new six week teaching series.

If you've ever lacked verbal wisdom at times, then I'm sure you will find this series beneficial. All of us have the capability to transform our tongue into a wellspring of life. possessing the commitment to doing and speaking the right things in 2009 will inspire others around us and change our relationships for the better!

Tomorrow evening is the start to our new Biblestudy topic "In Step With God". The material for these lessons are from the book that Dr. Charles Stanley wrote. The more we learn about God, the more our lives will change. Understanding His ways and how He works in our lives always lead to hope. You may be standing on the brink of a blessing. Join us with a friend and allow God to show you how to take hold of His blessings and walk into a bright new future. We meet at 7 pm in the main foyer. Hope to see you there!

By the way, if you recently made a commitment to become a Christ follower, our first Water Baptism Service of 2009 will be held on Sunday, January 25th, at the conclusion of the morning service. You can contact the church office to be one of the first to get registered (440-842-9600). There will be a class offered during the Sunday School hour (9 am) on that date to go over the significance of baptism and provide you with some important instructions. We will also be gathering the neccesary information for the Baptism Certificates that will be distributed to each participant. More details will be forthcoming in the bulletin on Sunday.

Anyone else depressed over Ohio State's loss to Texas last night??? All I can say is ... GO CAVS!!!

Last question, anyone else battling with a nasty cold or the flu? I can't seem to stop this achy, coughing, sneezing stuff. This demonic junk jumped on me hard yesterday and today it's been merciless! I'm gonna have to ask (ok beg) my wife Shari to make me some chicken soup! I hear there are some secret "healing ingredients" in that stuff??? I think I need some and alot of prayer!!! Don't forget to pray for PR today!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE READING THESE! They always make me smile! Anyway, I was praying for you yesterday. I hope you're feeling much, much better today. You need to do NOTHING (I'd bold and underline that if I could) but rest and relax until service tonight, then I want to see you there teaching class...a bit selfish but I haven't heard the Word from PR in 10 days...way too long! Have a fabulous day...see ya tonight!

Lori said...

Class was awesome, like it always is, and despite your cold, I do believe I saw some spark and you were fired up! It makes me excited, and I hope it continues to catch on!

On other topics, I was sad for the Bucks, but I still love em. And we all have been battling some kinda bug lately and it's really cutting into our fellowship time, so I just pray HEALTH and STRENGTH over the bunches of us!!! I got to share some of our class w/ Sonny tonight... a true GOD moment, using what I was just taught! :)