Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day Three

This morning I woke up early as I customarily do, made some coffee (God's daily gift to mankind) and settled in my office here at home and began praying for tomorrows service. I started thinking about why should someone consider coming to church? Why come to Bethel Temple specifically?? Here are some of my thoughts..You can add comments to this post as to why you believe people should consider coming to Bethel Temple!

Why visit Bethel Temple?
*It's in a great location and easy to get to!
*Parking is great.
*It's an inviting place to worship.
*There is a great team of volunteers in place ..ready to serve!
*You can experience life together with some really down to earth people.
*You will enjoy being a part of a church that is intentional about reaching the lost.
*People here are hungry for more of God's power and presence!

So Please Tell Your Family, Friends, Co-Workers, and Neighbors About Us And Invite Them To Come With You Tomorrow!!!!

For your consideration....

Many people are experiencing financial challenges today as never before. They are struggling with overwhelming debt, inadequate savings, unforeseen financial emergencies, out of control credit card spending, etc.. Did you know..Everything comes from God, belongs to God, and is dispersed by God. We are the stewards of His possessions. Do you recognize God as the owner of your belongings? Keith Faust, will be teaching the "CROWN FINANCIAL CLASS" this quarter to assist interested individuals who desire to obtain true financial freedom. You will be able to obtain valuable information and resources designed to support your steps towards life changing principles. You will learn to set simple goals that are measurable and once your objectives are reached will provide you with encouragement and financial freedom! This class meets tomorrow in our large conference room. Our greeters will be happy to assist you if you need help locating this room.

Also, I'll be teaching the Adult Quarterly Class (50 WEST) in classroom 96. Join us as we look at "Having The Spirit Of Christ". The Apostle Paul saw a single cure for things that can trouble any church. The Holy Spirit can equip, unify, and strengthen it. Today's believers need what the Holy Spirit alone can provide. If your not connected to any of our other great Christian Education classes yet, let me invite you to check us out on this first Sunday of the New Year!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So here are a few reasons...
- BT is lead by a Pastor with integrity who has an honest desire to see the congregation grow in Christ
- sound, Biblical preaching conveyed in a manner relevant to life today
- Friendly, welcoming people
- Opportunity for involvement (i.e. youth, Sunday school, worship, etc.)

It's a great place...you're a big part of why it's a great place. Much love PR...wish I was going to be there tomorrow to hear your message for the new year!

Lori said...

Why do I come to Bethel Temple? Well, my original tour guide was this very friendly, knowledgeable fella who took the time to show some new folks around and even told us about the classes offered (and recommended one, since I was new) I met people that were kind, genuine, and helpful. Also they were pretty much sold out to Christ and it just glowed (glew?) around them! I saw people that cared and helped with needs even if they were never voiced.

Two years later... my husband is saved and baptized, my son is saved & baptized, (we only have one hold out) and our family enjoys coming to church together.

We have a youth pastor that takes a genuine interest in our kids.

I even love how our church smells. Blind fold me and I bet I could tell you I was in my church. I don't even mind the orange.

I love how much my family and I have grown in Christ, but want more! Tell me two years ago that my family would all be going on a missions trip? I would have never believed you. Yet there we were last summer and it was amazing!

I love seeing smiling faces. I love getting hugs from Pastor Gwen. I love ticking Sammy. I love how all the youth call my hubby "Uncle Kenny". (and I'm Mrs B) I love Shirley Cox's faithful prayers. I love Mary Rankins honest, funny, and oh so saintly words of wisdom. I love when some deep voiced fella in church says AMEN! or PREACH IT PASTOR!

I love when we sing Revelation Song. I love when we sing "On Holy Ground" (and I still take my shoes off)

I love that we have a pastor that doesn't quit, that loves Jesus soooo much that it just oozes from him, and shines out of his beautiful, bubbly wife & kids as well.

I love that real, odd, funny, old, rich, poor, silly, beautiful, goofy, smart, talented, amazing people attend my church as well.
(and that our best friends cook REALLY well, and often for our church!)

and oh.... that fella that showed me around that first day that I ever stepped foot in Bethel Temple? Oh, just some guy named PASTOR RUSS DEBORD! :)