Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day Twenty Seven

Earlier today with Bible, pen, paper and an ample supply of Maxwell House coffee. I dug into my reading and study notes as I prepared for tomorrows Wednesday night Bible study class. As I was researched and prayed my level of excitement began to soar! I hope many of you will consider attending as we look at "The Ways God Reveals Himself"! The old chorus" It Is No Secret What God Can Do" comes to mind, as we will endeavor to seek clarity and understanding about His plans and purposes for our lives. If we hold God at a distance, we will never know the way He operates, thinks, or loves. The closer we become to Him the more understanding we will gain.

Another big winter storm is predicted overnight here in the Cleveland area. What's new!?!? Be sure to check the church website or call the church office 440.842.9600 for any possible service cancellations. We are supposed to receive our biggest snowfall of the winter season tonight. The storm is predicted to end around 7 PM tomorrow. I hope you're all able to enjoy a great evening at home with your families, safe and warm.

Today I'm praying for my son, Randall. He moved to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina over the weekend. He and a friend of his from West Virginia University moved into a house in that area. Pray with Shari and I that he is able to find favorable employment and that he connects to a Spirit-filled, life giving church. We miss him already! At least we still have Calvin home with us...this empty nest stuff isn't all that easy.

I'm also praying for our missions team to Africa as they raise their funds and prepare for this awesome trip to build a church in Zambia. Our Missionary contact there has assured us that there will be plenty of construction savvy people working side by side with our team. Currently our team consists of fourteen individuals! They will also be able to do extensive evangelism and medical outreaches. Dr.Milton Ntragatakis is doing a phenomenal job coordinating this effort!

Other Missionaries I'm praying for today are...
* Jeff and Michele Dove-Asia Pacific Region
* Issac and Terry Smythia-Uruguay
* David and Marie Turner-Honduras
* Raegan Glugosh-Romania
* Richard and Minna Boettiger-Germany
* Paul and Sharon Ellis-Mongolia
* Jim and Meg Thacker-Burundi
* Jay and Carey Rostofer-Madagascar
* Steve and Beth Daily-Philippines
* Steve and Astrid Dunn-Germany
* Daniel and Beatriz Klaehn-Nicaragua
* Don and Terri Tripplet-El Salvador

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So it's snowing away and I'm wondering if we have church. I SURE HOPE WE DO!!!