Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Splash!

*I think everyone enjoyed a great time worshipping @ Sunset Chapel today!
*Although I wasn't feeling my best, I gave my best in the service today!
*I have battled a virus that for two weeks has sapped my energy.
*Amazingly when I felt like I didn't have much to give, God showed up in a big time way in several people's lives! It always seems that God is able to use our nothingness in ways we never dreamed possible!

*It was a blast doing H2O Baptisms for the first time with our full ministry team! I love seeing people step up in their faith and boldly proclaim that Jesus is now a part of their lives!








*Today was also the the first time that I tag team preached with Pastor Adam Weatherly, our new Student Ministries Pastor. He did a great job! I am really glad that God brought him and his wife Bethany to Sunset Chapel! He's going to be a terrific communicator for God!

*We announced this morning details concerning our upcoming Spring Missions Emphasis! In two weeks ( April 25 ) we will welcome Rev. Mike Ennis to Sunset Chapel. Flag's from various nations will decorate our sanctuary and add to our focus on reaching the world with the Gospel. We will be sharing with everyone the vision we believe that God wants us to do. Together we'll examine the scriptures to see what God's plan for missions is...and how we are called to go "here", "there", and "everywhere". I am super excited about SC being able to make a difference on a global level!

*Next Sunday is going to be off the charts fun as we receive into church membership numerous people who have completed our new Membership Classes. Russ Barbour does a tremendous job facilitating this class! It is always a thrill to see God adding to the church!

*This week is already shaping up to be a very busy and productive week! I pray that you are all blessed!

No comments: