Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sunday Splash!

*Wow! What an awesome Easter weekend!
*I am in awe of what God did today in our service.
*I struggled with sickness all week and in spite of not feeling my best, God was absolutely AMAZING!
*I really appreciated the concerned individuals for slipping into my office this morning prior to the service to pray for me! It helped more than you know!
*We had so many new guests today and set a new attendance record as we busted through the 200 barrier!
*I know that what is taking place at Sunset Chapel is not a result of me..it is God working through the many incredible people of our church.
*People invite people to church when they expect something HUGE to take place! Today we celebrated the resurrection of Christ and the "new life" that is taking place in our church. Emotions ran high as we saw 9 individuals cross the threshold of Easter opportunity and accept Christ into their hearts!
*With the record turnout today some obvious gaps occurred that we will want to address in the near future. I am so grateful to those who willingly arrived early today to assist us with our Easter service preparations. I want to give a special shout out to Lorraine Du Toit for stepping up and overseeing our greeter ministry teams. She is such a blessing and gift to SC!!
*Let me also thank each person who purchased Easter Lilies in honor or memory of someone special in their hearts that adorned our platform this morning! What a beautiful sight as everyone entered into our building! We will post that list separately.
*My heart continues to be encouraged as so many newcomers have started to make Sunset Chapel their church! Welcome!
*After the service and lunch, we returned home to a much needed nap. Then woke up and enjoyed a gigantic slice of pound cake that Kit Blankenship created! I really love how she takes care of me!!!
*I am anticipating God doing some additional great things next week as we celebrate Water Baptism at Sunset Chapel!
*Contact the church office to register to participate in this first "Watermark Experience" of 2010!
*I look forward to seeing you and your guests next Sunday @ SC!!!

No comments: