Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Splash!

Thanks worship team for ushering in God's presence! The song "The Presence of the Lord is Here" was a huge hit with everyone!

Today was another fantastic day @ Sunset Chapel as three more people crossed over the line of faith! Every person that made the decision to follow Christ today is an amazing miraculous life-change story!

There was no way to anticipate what God accomplished in our service today. His presence was powerful as we assembled together around the altar. Today we experienced a significant breakthrough as a church.

As we endeavor to rebirth God's purposes and vision for our church I make no apologies for my pentecostal roots and personal desire to see the Spirit of the Lord move upon each of you. I sincerely want Him to refresh and refuel your hearts! Let's continue to advance forward deeper in our relationship with Christ.

Today I kicked off a new teaching series called "Divine Mentor's". God has given us numerous mentors that offer us valuable insights, counsel, and direction. As we focus on a handful of them in the next several weeks I am convinced they will provide a positive impact on your life!

We placed the lens of our spiritual microscopes on "Enoch" this morning. We could clearly see that he lived by faith, endeavored to please God, trusted in the Lord's Word and Promises and made every effort to live a holy life. As a result he walked with God and so pleased the Lord.. that God honored Enoch by taking him away from earth to be with Him forever!

As we scrutinize our lives, we can see that there may be areas we need to address and change in order to be like Enoch, and walk closely with God. Some attitudes, behaviors, and speech tendencies may require Christ's cleansing blood to be applied! If we position ourselves in such a way that allows God to evaluate our lives, we can experience the presence of God constantly surrounding us!

Looking back at my life and almost 28 years of full-time ministry. I've made far to many mistakes and experienced the consequences and hurt and failure. I feel each one has taught me a lesson. I see how God has used them to draw me closer to Him and make me more into the man He desires me to be. It's my prayer that I not repeat the mistakes of my past, but make me completely new ones as I move forward. I'm thankful for all I've learned in the past few years, and I know that because of this I will be a better husband, father, friend, and pastor in the future than I was in the past.

This evening as I put my head on my pillow, I'm completely whipped, but also completely overwhelmed with gratitude that God has given me this opportunity of a lifetime.. to be part of peoples lives and to pastor such an amazing church! I love being the lead pastor here at Sunset Chapel!!

No comments: