Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Splash!

Let The Adventure Begin! Our first Sunday of 2010 was way better than I expected! When I woke up this morning I prayed for God to show up big time! Boy! He sure did! I am so thankful and humbled over the 5 individuals who made decisions to include Christ in their lives as this new year unfolds. Seeing them lift their heads and look me in the eye and raise their hands was very powerful. I could see in their faces the sincere desire for a better and changed life. I watched in awe as several had tears flow down their cheeks as they reached up to Him! I am so excited for each of them! Their future is definitely going to be much better!!!!

I met so many new people today! I am always delighted to meet and make new friends! Today I met Max, Lacy, Eric, Marla, Veronna, Rita, Angelo, Joanne, and Yusi's entire family along with many others! Welcome to Sunset Chapel!

Twenty ten will be a year to dream God-sized dreams! Let's dream some things together that will be destined to fail without God's divine involvement! May we all become more desperate and dependent on God in our lives and efforts as we follow Christ! Let's determine to remove the clutter and our strict control tendencies so God is able to allow spiritual spontaneity to occur in our hearts and church! I pray that God is able to bring "times of refreshing" to Sunset Chapel many times over.

Our time together at the conclusion of my message was another highlight of the day for me! For a full hour Shari and I had the privilege and honor of praying for God to bring incredible blessings into the lives of every Sunset Chapel family. We never take for granted the opportunity to lead this great church. We sincerely want to see God take you places you've never been before! May this year be filled with unexplainable and delightful surprises as the Lord pours His favor upon you!

No comments: