Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Haiti Update!

Just received this text from Melissa Edwards and her team of surgical doctors.."we are setting up an amputation site and a stadium of people are nearby us waiting for food but we can't give them any because of fear of inciting a riot... trying to figure out how to help. We walked through a collapsed building, they told us it was an elementary school, looking for survivors, the smell of rotting bodies was overwhelming even with our masks on...I want to cry!"

Let's continue to keep her in our prayers. Haiti experienced another 6.1 aftershock early this morning! Please pray for the safety of all the volunteers who are assisting with the tragic aftermath of this devastating earthquake.

This morning I listened to the radio as I was driving to the church office and they gave a report of a recent poll that was taken across the USA that stated that over 32% of American's had no intention of giving towards the needs of this nation. That saddens my heart to think that millions of my fellow citizens are that calloused and hard-hearted. What will it take to break the hardness and parched hearts of so many people? I am so humbled to serve as the lead pastor of such a caring, giving and praying community of Christ followers! I am sure that God is taking notice of your generosity!

If your schedule permits, please join us for the most important gathering on our weekly church calendar.."Prayer Service" begins at 7 pm. We will continue to pray for Haiti and for other needs as well! I hope to see you there!

No comments: