Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day Fifty Seven - Things I am Thankful For!


Everyday we put God's work in our lives on display. To often "Christianity" is packaged to the outside world as if it's easy. Yet following Christ is the hardest thing you will ever do, however without question it's the most rewarding. Jesus describes it as...the abundant life!

What's that look like? It's a life packed full of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. And everyday God wants to deposit a little bit more into us.

First Samuel 12:24 (NLT) tells us, "But be sure to fear the Lord and faithfully serve Him. Think of all the wonderful things He has done for you"!

My list today includes:
God, you've been a faithful source of strength to me.
God, you've been by my side through every high and low point of my life.
God, you've been extremely patient with me.
God, you've blessed my days with the promise of hope.
God, you have helped me face new challenges successfully.
God, you've helped me redeem the time allotted to me.
God, you've surrounded me with some of the most remarkable co-laborers anyone could have.
God, you have blessed my life with spectacular splashes of joy!
God, you have given to me some unbelievable opportunities.
God, you have let me experience the accomplishment of helping transform lives.
God, you have blessed my life with practical wisdom.

Hardly a day goes by that God doesn't astonish me by providing substantial blessings in my life! How about you? Share your comments of gratitude for the remarkable blessings God has rained down on you! I can't wait to read them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's blessed me with a Pastor and family like you and Sheri and Calvin and Randall!! He's shown me, through you, how to REALLY love like He loves, by the way you've loved and cared for me. He's shown me that the joy of the Lord CAN be evident in our lives, even during the down times, just by watching you. Thank You, Lord and Thank you Pastor Russ and Shari.

BoBisaLisa said...

I am grateful for my family! Esp my older sister Amy and Brother in law Edgar for being amazing role models when it comes to living right! I am grateful for my new attitude too! I was always mad about something before! But now I am happier because I am aware of the price that was paid for me! I love you Pastor Russ! I love you Shari!!

Unknown said...

I feel very blessed. I can now say with 100% certainty that I am saved thanks to the love and teachings I have learned in just the last 6 months at BT. I really do feel like I have a new life and that there is no turning back, or at least I don't want to. I want to witness to others so bad, how good God has been to me and that they can have what I have too. I am thankful that my little sister helped lead the way for me and my family. I thank God for using her, the Debords, and my great scrapbooking girls that help serve as great examples of Godly women. I am very, very blessed.