Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day Forty Eight - Seeking Wisdom!


In his outstanding book "The Divine Mentor" Wayne Cordeiro records the following statement that someone said to him, "The secret of growing in divine wisdom is to come to God stupid. Tell Him you don't know a thing. Tell Him you need to know how to think, how to tie your shoes, how to win friends and influence anybody!" " With that kind of heart, God does His best work. When He is looking for receptacles of divine wisdom, He looks for "PHDs" those who are poor, hungry, and desperate!'

Nothing you and I may acquire, earn, or achieve in this life is as valuable as wisdom. The individual who walks in wisdom experiences God's presence, power, and wonderful boundless approval.

Life will be much more amazing with God's guidance involved in our decision making, relationships and experiences. When a person possess wisdom, he or she sees life from a different perspective. Wisdom is having God inside. It's seeing circumstances and people, with God whispering instructions to you.

Today, I find myself seeking wisdom as I aim for just one more step forward. May all of us make it a point to pray . . . . "Lord, Please Give Us Your Wisdom."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good words PR...good words!!! And might I say, I like the pic! :)

Lori said...

Even if He only lights your path one step at a time, He IS lighting them, guiding you always. (I repeat this to myself a LOT)

Shelley Russell said...

Pastor Rusty: I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and trusting that God will show you his perfect plan for you and your family. Just remember that you and your family hold such a special place in our hearts. Please keep us posted as things unfold for you and your family.
Love Shelley