Monday, February 9, 2009

Day Forty

I am a most blessed individual. For 43 years I have known the love, joy, hope, presence and power of Christ in my life. I could have no greater blessing!

Each morning I continue to wake up exuberant about the divine calling God has placed on my life. I "get to" do what I love most. What a tremendous blessing it has been to serve here at Bethel Temple. What you may not fully know is how much you all have contributed to my life. Your feedback, encouragement and consistent love has been so appreciated. You all mean so very much to Shari and I.

This past Sunday will be one of those days I'll always remember in ministry. People are searching for answers and we have it! We must stay focused on the vision God has given us to reach people who are far away from Him. We had numerous first-time guests in the morning service and just about every one of them came because someone personally invited them. Don't you love how God is using Bethel Temple to change lives? Heaven is ecstatic over the 5 individuals who made life changing decisions to include Christ in their lives!!

During these first few weeks of 2009 God has accomplished more than we ever thought possible and the great part about it is, He is just getting started! Don't let up for a moment. Keep to the task at hand and we will have much to rejoice and praise God for! I have been so blessed to lead such a wonderful church family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I must be way emotional today because this has me crying! :( I am so saddened by the past tense portions of this post. I know I'm grieving for what I'm losing, and that's the selfish part of me, but my heart hurts for what our church is losing.
You have been a ray of sunshine throughout this very dark storm. The God in you has allowed you to remain beautiful throughout this mess...many of us wouldn't have been able to accomplish the same. It says a great deal about your heart, your character, and your absolute desire to live as Christ. It staggers my mind...