Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Splash!

Today's service was jam packed with numerous "defining moments"! Webster's Dictionary defines "a moment" as "a point in time". A moment can make a difference. It can move us. It can change us. As life becomes more complicated, more demanding and more hectic. We must become more mindful of the moments God offers us. If we treat them as insignificant, that's exactly what they become. I've observed that many people don't lead their lives... they just accept them. They wait for memorable experiences to happen, never giving a thought to creating an experience that will make a memory. Memories don't find us. We make them.

We welcomed back Douglas Flores to the platform today after having been gone on vacation for the past two weekends. What an exceptional job he and the worship team did today as they created an experience that increased our awareness of God's presence! My heart just swelled as I saw so many of the people I deeply love visibly respond to the Spirit's leading! A young pastor I admire from a distance Steve Furtick recently stated "The greatest moves of God might start with the prayer of one, but their sustained by the prayers of many". As our church absorbed the unmatched presence and power of God you could just sense that many were being replenished in their hearts. I followed my heart and I'm so glad I did and invited people to gather around the altar. What occurred was a"defining moment" for so many.

Families remain front and center in our current series "How To Build A Dream Home". These messages are designed to help you discover God's insights and enhance your marriage and family! Today's focus was upon the "Healthy Ingredients For A Happy Home". I am so appreciative of the positive feedback that I've been receiving as we unpacked these messages. I truly believe that God is working in our most important relationships! I am very excited to share the remaining messages with you in the coming weeks!

No comments: