Monday, October 18, 2010

Sunday Splash!

Yesterday at Sunset Chapel I lead the church in praise and worship! I haven't attempted that to often in recent years! Douglas Flores was away on a well deserved vacation, so I stepped up this week as his replacement and with the assistance of all our outstanding musicians and vocalists we saw move deeply in people's lives as the altar area became jam packed! And i hadn't even preached yet!!! By the time we got to the last chorus "I need You More" you could sense that God was working in our service in a tremendous way. I still don't have my mind around all that He accomplished around the altar, but I know that many were feeling His presence and power in their hearts and circumstances!

I am still amazed at how many first time guests we are seeing week after week! Can you believe what is taking place!! We are beginning to see God cause a new momentum take place in our weekend services! I am so thankful for what our Lord is allowing to happen here at SC!! Keep inviting and investing in the lives of those around you!!

Our current series "How to Build Your Dream Home" focused our attention on the topic of "Communication". I was delighted to see how many of you were tracking with the message! We discussed together the "Introductory Levels and the Deeper Levels of geniune communication! Thanks Luis and Neyda Teijeiro for coming forward and role playing at a crucial point of my message! So many have been coming up to me and expressing how much they've appreciated these messages! For the past several weeks I've become aware of how critical these really are to our church family. If you have missed any of them you can listen online by going to the church website.

My personal times with God this past week have been just phenomenal! God has been sharing a number of things in my heart that I can't wait to share with you in His timing!

God deserves our very best! Each person who attends SC is important to His plans for our church! In his book "Doing Church as a Team" author Wayne Cordeiro writes "As Christians, we absorb teaching, instruction, God's Word and His promises; but at some point along the way, we stop growing. We get saturated and our capacity to absorb is diminished. No matter how many more messages we hear, we are unable to absorb any more until we wring out our sponges. Then, and only then, will our absorbency return. Wring out your sponge and serve! Don't hang on to the water. Give it freely away. There's plenty more where that came from!" As we continue to grow we need more people to volunteer their time and talents! Nearly every ministry here at SC needs additional workers. God is stretching us! This is one of the most opportunistic times we've experienced in recent years here at Sunset Chapel! This is all so very exciting!

I am really looking forward to this Wednesday's Prayer and Bible study time together! If you own a Bible bring it with you. Last Wednesday, I shared a lot about what's been going on inside me spiritually and what God is doing in my life. Together we looked at 1 Thessalonians Chapter One. God has some incredible plans for us all and I can't wait till He reveals more of that specific plan to us this Wednesday! I hope to see you then!

No comments: