Thursday, February 25, 2010

Weekend Expectations

This afternoon as I prepare for tonight's Leadership Meeting. I decided to take a brief moment to reflect on all that God has been opening my eyes to. For most of this week I've had some heavy person to person conversations, email's and project's to get completed. I don't know about anyone else's schedule but mine this week has been absolutely insane! Nightly I have made it back to our little apartment, scarfed down some food and immediately crashed and gone to sleep.

Bragging on our office team is always easy, but this week Frances, Neyda and Shari have been simply off the charts amazing! Not only did they accomplish their normal assignments and tasks, but all week long I loaded them up with "extras" (video project's, typing/printing conference material's, etc.) Be sure to give them some extra love this weekend when you see them at church, they deserve it! If anyone wants to send all three of them together to an all expenses covered Day Spa, we will have the guys in the office oversee the phones for a day!

I spoke with a missionary friend today (Jim Thacker, he is a top flight encourager) and was reminded as to why I do what I do on a daily basis. Each week I am blown away with all the things that God is doing here at Sunset Chapel! And I am personally excited that I get to be apart of it.

All week long I have been tweaking this weekend's upcoming message. The more I study the more I'm realising we need to change up the pace at SC. We are becoming to passive and to predictable. I believe God wants us to allow room for Spirit- led spontaneity to occur. Come early and definitely come ready!

Together we will tackle head on the subject of "Posers and Pretenders"-When Christian's Sin". While most everyone who attends a church regularly is aware that sin devastates lives, families and futures. It's ultimate damage is how it adversely affects our relationship with God. Some very important questions we will try to answer include...What are sin's consequences? Are you really willing to pay that price? What are you really forfeiting? I believe that this will be a very pivotal weekend in the lives of all our Sunset Chapel attenders!

See you on Sunday!

No comments: