Friday, February 12, 2010

SC-This Week in Review!



This has been a very busy and productive week at Sunset Chapel. Monday and Tuesday were spent serving like Christ at "His House Children's Home". I am extremely proud of all our SC volunteers who rolled their sleeves up and helped us with the final preparations for renovating a residential housing unit. Orphaned Haitian children who are arriving to the USA for adoption will now have a safe, clean place, to stay in as they await their adoptive parents coming to Miami to complete their paperwork.

I also want to commend those who although couldn't commit to helping us on the two workdays contributed towards the expenses we incurred as we completed this worthwhile project. Your thoughtful donations helped us rent floor cleaning equipment, purchase a dishwasher, floor stripper and wax solutions, mop buckets, mops, cleaning supplies, etc.

As I arrived into the office on Wednesday, I came in physically sore and tired and set about to pray and seek God for The Most Important Service on our weekly church calendar. And our Prayer Service was beyond imagination! People arrived ready to connect with God! After a very meaningful time of worship, I shared for a few minutes on the topic of "Intercession". Prior to everyone's arrival I had set up two visuals to help explain what intercession meant.

Once I stepped aside and sat down on the front row I was in awe of how people came forward and stood in the gap for their families, friends and complete strangers. There were many common threads as I listened intently to their supplications. Prayer was offered for deliverance from addictions, broken marriages,health needs, workplace challenges and for people who are far from God! It was a God moment!

Our prayer time went into overtime as people kept streaming forward to make their request's known to the Lord! I can't wait til Sunday as I anticipate God's Spirit moving powerfully in our service!

No comments: