Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spiritual Roots



One of my best decisions ever, was when I intentionally disciplined myself and reserved early mornings ( the best part of my day ) to spend time with God and just listen to Him speak through our prayer conversations and scripture reading moments. Early on, as I began in the ministry I decided this was the most important part of my life..I must hear God's voice daily and stay connected with Him always!

The spiritual disciplines of scripture reading and prayer have served me well in my personal walk with Christ. Their combined impact and influence upon the decisions and direction of my life are immeasurable. I cannot imagine trying to function without having heard from the Lord each morning and surrounding myself with His presence and power!

This morning was a powerful reminder to me that as I seek the Lord early and often in my life, God has astounding things to reveal to me. I'm grateful that He desires to include me in His plans and purposes. His Word is always beneficial, life-sustaining, and filled with possibilities! Investing time with God is always time well spent and invigorating. Personally I've found that time with God is never draining but rather it's always uplifting and energizing!

Developing a deep and strong "root system" is a must for every Christ-follower. Because when the winds of adversity come, you don't need to be seized with alarm and struck with fear. Our God is able to remove anything that causes anxiousness, suspense or unsteadiness to occur in our lives. Grow deep my friends! You'll be glad that you did.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the picture you have attached to this blog is awesome! love it!