Thursday, July 26, 2012

I was impressed to spend some extra time with God the other night so I gathered my laptop and added some small speakers and set up an area on our patio to just listen to some worship music and lock in with God. As I began to pour my heart out to God there was a noticeable slight South Florida breeze blowing. Thirty minutes turned into an hour and as I continued on in God's presence..... suddenly everything changed.

My heart reached a new point and began to soften as the Holy Spirit began to work in me. The breeze that had been softly blowing in the night air instantly stopped. And a "heaviness" surrounded me as I moved deeper in intercession. This became intense. Read what Psalms 119:28 says from the Amplified Bible:

   "My life dissolves and weeps itself away for heaviness: raise me up and strengthen me according to ( the promise of ) Your word."

How how I've missed that "spirit of heaviness" in my life. Not only have I been blessed to grow up in a church that God's Spirit and anointing flowed freely. I have also had the privilege of seeing God move in the churches He's allowed me to serve in. There has all these years remained deep within me a hunger in my heart that only God could fill. I'm convinced that our church and the lives of those who attend our services at SC are in need of the infusion of the Holy Spirit as well! For sometime we've been able to see that the Lord is causing a spiritual thirst to rise up among our faithful attenders. And the conditions are continuing to improve. I felt that during that night of prayer that God was impressing on my heart..."Get Ready! For I am about to make available a season of refreshing." I truly believe our best days are ahead and that God is about to envelope our church with His presence!


No comments: