Tuesday, July 24, 2012

90 Day


Five weeks ago I gave a 90 Day Tithing Challenge to everyone who attends Sunset Chapel. The early reports are very encouraging! What is this? Basically its all of us tithing 10% of our income for the next 90 days. ( July-September ) Realizing that our church will not advance without the faithful and intentional giving of our church attenders. I am praying that you will join Shari and I in making God a priority in your finances. We've been married almost 30 years now and we have come to the conclusion that God has always been near and watched over our lives and ministry every single day! We consider ourselves to be very blessed!

Every dollar you invest into this ministry is used to enhance our abilities as a church to reach our community! We believe that God has called us to be the kind of church that that seeks out those who are hurting and living far from Him. Recent guests to SC have made the following comments:

   "God"s presence was so real and heavy today in this service"
   "I will never forget today! I will never forget how I feel"
   "I gave my heart to God today"
   "I came with my sister this morning and I recommitted my life back
     to God"

It's always amazing to see God change lives right before our eyes! God is giving us some great momentum as we come to the end of the summer months. I'm elated to report that we are up to 35 families/individuals who have accepted this 90 Day Tithing Challenge! As your pastor I am incredibly humbled to watch this list grow as so many faithful people make a commitment to Sunset Chapel. I will never forget your willingness to invest in our church.

If you are one of these families/individuals who are participating in this challenge. I would love to hear and share your stories about how you are personally experiencing God's blessing and favor in your life! Please leave a comment below, send me a quick text, or email me at rusdebord@aol.com and tell me how involved God is in your life!


No comments: