Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Splash!

*Today was one of our greatest days at Sunset Chapel! It's very hard to imagine that we could ever have a better service at SC than we experienced this morning!
*There were a number of new faces in the crowd today. I love getting to meet your guests!! Have you noticed the growth that is taking place here at SC??? God is up to something!!!
*From the very beginning of the service you could sense that God was going to unleash His presence in a very special way!
*Our worship team was better than ever... they just tore it up!! Is it me or can you too sense that God is using them in a profound way?? Loved the addition of Ross Walters to the team today. Even if he was here just for one service, his contribution was outstanding! He blessed us with a short performance prior to my speaking and he literally hit a home run!! I love the saxophone and he is an extremely gifted musician!!
*Sometimes we make the right decisions and do the right things... only to experience wrong results. I hate when that happens to me. We looked at Joseph's life a little closer today and discovered that although he was obedient and trustworthy things didn't always initially turn out the way he had hoped. It took some time, some testing and some character building moments in his life before he obtained the destiny that God had in mind for him! BUT HE NEVER GAVE UP!! And neither can we.
*At the beginning of my message I shared with everyone that I believed that God had whispered into my heart that He was going to unlock the personal prison that several felt they were entrapped in. And He didn't disappoint! The altar call was incredible!! It was a sight I won't easily forget! I truly believe that God honored His Word today and we will be hearing some great testimonies in the near future!! Some of those set free today have had to persevere through a prolonged period of time... but today was their day of freedom and healing!! Jeremiah 29:11-14a still rings true!!
*At the conclusion of our service I challenged everyone in the service to get their friend's here next weekend as we wrap up our "Framing Your Destiny from God's Perspective" series! God has saved the BEST message for the last! God's House will be ROCKIN next weekend! Don't you dare miss this service!
*Keep in prayer our brand new Life Group ministry! Our home fellowship's kick off all week long! Get connected soon if you haven't joined one yet. Contact the church office this week and "LIVE LIFE ELEVATED"!!

No comments: