Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Splash!


Today's service was just superb!! It all started for me yesterday when I was on our church campus prepping for the service by looking over my message notes. Prompted by the Holy Spirit, I entered our main sanctuary and began to walk up and down the rows of chairs praying and anointing each one. In my heart and mind I began to sense that God was preparing the room for a spiritual breakthrough!
Our service today wasn't without some minor challenges. But I tip my hat to all our ministry teams for making extraordinary efforts to see that our First Sunday of 2011 was memorable!! Douglas Flores and the worship team were simply outstanding! And what a welcome sight to see and hear John Kricker up on the stage playing his instrument once again! That dude can play!!
Nearly every seat was taken on the main floor this morning! Our ushers and greeters were getting a real workout! I met so many new people.. some of those I greeted this morning were Rose, Jonathan, Jose, and from Australia, Daniel and Ruchi! Welcome to SC!! During the service I requested that each person take one invite card and use it to share with someone in the coming week! I am hopeful and expectant that we will have to open up our balcony area as an overflow area next weekend!! That would be so cool!!
I shared some of the resolutions I am making as we start the new year and challenged everyone to join me in some of these:
  • Read the Bible completely in 2011. I am using the M'Cheyne Plan from YouVersion.com! Go and pick a plan that will work best for you!
  • I love to read books but I committed to read intentionally 12 books on developing myself as a better pastor and spiritual leader! I will let everyone know what I'm reading in future updates!
  • I am beginning a 21 Day Fast to increase my time spent in Bible study and Prayer! I chose to give up coffee during this time period.. that will be a hard sacrifice for me! I almost shed a tear as we drove past a Starbucks on the way home!
  • I also committed to get more physical activity in my life! I have gained so much weight since moving here to Miami 18 months ago! The food here is soooo good!! Already Shari and I have walked daily at least 2 miles and I've played some golf! Not a bad start.
Today we kicked off a brand new series of messages called "Framing Your Destiny From God's Perspective!" Don't stay locked into your past... it's time to move ahead into the specific design, dream and destiny that God has for you!! His favor is upon His children! He doesn't see you imprisoned to your challenges, difficulties and problems. He sees you overcoming, prosperous and living in victory! We looked closely at the life of Joseph and saw how he overcame the obstacles and struggles to become a second chair leader!! Jeremiah 29:11-14 reminds us that God has "a future and a hope" for each one of us! Be sure you make it each week to hear these messages! You and your family are going to get so much help from the insights I will be sharing!

No comments: