Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Splash!

*Thanksgiving!!! That describes my heart today!!
*I am so thankful for all that God did today in our service!!
*Two individuals made commitments to Christ in our 10:30 am service!!
*I didn't even get half way through my message notes today, time just zipped by so fast.
*I have to make a confession "The Spirit of Gluttony" hit me today! I ate so much food!!
*Our after service Thanksgiving dinner was a HUGE success!!
*Our volunteers did a fantastic job of setting up for this event. They didn't allow a little South Florida liquid sunshine dampen their spirits or efforts to make this day happen!! Special thanks to Frances Watkins for overseeing this entire event! She makes so many things happen at SC and is a real blessing to us all!!
*Special shout out to both Russ Barbour and Tony Gregis also for preparing the food! The food this year was absolutely AMAZING!!
*It was an awesome sight seeing the tent we rented overflowing with people today!!
*As I crisscrossed throughout the tent I met so many first time guests today!
*And I am especially thrilled to see so many new people to Sunset Chapel beginning to attend regularly and connecting with others too!
*Can't wait to share with you some new ideas God has been giving me to help us all connect better as a church! Stay tuned for future developments!!
*I am especially pleased and humbled as you all responded so well to our partnership with CONVOY OF HOPE and our "ONE DAY TO FEED THE WORLD" initiative!! Together we raised $4675.60!! Thanks SC for your effort to assist this great ministry as they respond to disaster relief projects around the world!!
*I heard that Kid's Inc nearly hit the 50 mark again today with children and volunteers! A new couple (Fabian and Marcia) who have attended a few weeks at SC expressed an interest in getting involved in this outstanding ministry to our children. They were involved in their home church for several years until just relocating to the Miami area! We look forward to adding them to this ministry team!
*Don't forget to make plans to attend our upcoming "CANDLELIGHT COMMUNION SERVICE" this Wednesday at 7:00 pm!! It's always a very special time as we return thanks to the Lord for the many ways He has blessed our lives and homes during the past year. Why not consider bringing a friend or two with you! I guarantee you they will feel the presence of God in the room!
*Have a blessed week!!

No comments: