Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day Two: Prayer and Fasting

Yesterday I challenged everyone who attends Sunset Chapel to join together in making a ten day commitment to pray and fast. Personally the first day was going great for me until later that evening my body began to signal me that it didn't agree with my decision to go without coffee for the next ten days too! I got hit with a massive headache as my deprived body screamed at me for caffeine! Whew I am so glad that passed!

Today was an opportunity to meet together at Tropical Park and walk with other SC attenders as we spent the morning praying for our area churches and pastors! We prayed for churches by name, we prayed for their pastors, their staff, their vision, their finances, the people who call those churches home, and that God would make them effective in carrying out His vision in Miami! We are collectively expecting God to do some HUGE things in their lives and churches!!

I am so proud of you who decided to join us today! I can't wait to hear what God accomplishes in their services in the upcoming weeks! Be sure to check out the pics I posted earlier!!

I spent a lot of my prayer time with God talking to Him about ministry dreams and ideas for the future. I truly believe it was time well spent as I felt the Lord dropped a few things in my heart. I am not ready yet to announce anything publicly yet but I will once I have all the details God wants to reveal to me. When Shari and I went for a second walk this evening I shared a couple of those God-impressions and she was in agreement that God is speaking and giving me some things that I need to consider very seriously! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and helpful partner in ministry! She gorgeous too!!

I am really looking forward to speaking tomorrow in our 10:30 service. We will continue our current series "Messages To Pentecostals". Specifically we will take a closer look at what it means to experience the Holy Spirit in your life! If your not filled with the Holy Spirit, anything else your filling your life with is going to be unfulfilling! Worldly things will always leave you empty!

I am very excited about what God is doing at SC and I hope to see you in the morning!!!!

No comments: