Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Splash!

We experienced top-notch worship today! Once again Doug Flores and the worship team challenged us to go deeper in our hearts for worship. Our worship experience provided us with a breath of fresh air connecting our hearts and minds with God. It was incredibly awesome as we blended our voices with the musicians and vocalists on the platform and amped up our praise to our living God! I really enjoyed all the elements and influences that were incorporated into today's worship. Who knew that you could include Caribbean, Reggae and Spanish music and lyrics into church worship?!!

Every week I have had the pleasure of meeting and making numerous new friends! Today was no exception. For the second straight weekend we had an encouraging number of guests! Also it looks like we set a new twelve week attendance record! Way to go people! Keep inviting and investing!

At Sunset Chapel we want to constantly strive to eliminate the barriers that are keeping people from experiencing a relationship with Christ. I realize that not every one's life is perfect who attends SC. Some come experiencing a crumbling marriage, others with broken hearts, real hurts, health scares, and moral failings. The last thing I want is a message that doesn't connect. Each weekend I aspire to give my best to communicate God's message in ways that say something substantial, inspires, informs and educates. It has to hit home with people. I realize that it's essential that I spend my best time of each day on things that have redeeming quality. For the past twelve weeks I've struggled, stretched myself and grown as I have endeavored to give my very best for God each time I've stood on the platform. Our journey together during this time has been AMAZING! Something is happening. God is at work here at Sunset Chapel!

Tomorrow is the first day of school at Sunset Christian Academy! Anticipation and excitement is in the air as students and teachers return for a new school year. Already I have had the opportunity to make some valuable connections with many of the families who are entrusting their children into our care. We have assembled the best teaching team to be found! Our teachers are committed to the academic and spiritual development of each student placed into their care. Let's keep them all in our prayers!

No comments: