Tuesday, September 30, 2008

a remarkable day!

Sunday was such a remarkable day. Culminating` in a quality time around the altar, we shared communion and wholesome fellowship with each other.

Scripture gives us a template that we should all follow as we endeavor to build towards the vision of becoming a healthy, vibrant, and stronger church. As we put these into practice, we will see some amazing results occur!

Let's examine once again, our shared responsibilities:

1. Be in agreement with one another
2. Pursue that which builds up one another.
3. Accept one another
4. Show courtesy to one another
5. Carry one another's burdens
6. Tolerate one another
7. Forgive one another
8. Submit to one another
9. Admonish one another in wisdom
10. Comfort one another.
11. Promote love and good works in one another
12. Love one another

We are all in this together. We are on the same team. As we are faithful and keep our eyes on Jesus, one day, we'll all celebrate together at the feet of Christ!

23
that's an incredible number! that's a number that reminds us why we do what we do. this number provides us with encouragement, confirmation, resolve and everything we need to keep on going forward. 23 that's how many people stepped over the line of faith in September during our weekend services and our recent youth outreach. 23 more people who initiated a relationship with Jesus Christ.
I would like to thank everyone who is inviting people to join us for worship. That is the church in action. I am so grateful to you for reaching our and caring about people there is nothing more spiritually mature or Christ-like than introducing others to our Saviour. That's why we're here!

Throughout the coming days seize the opportunities that God brings your way. I'm interested in hearing how you're being blessed. Share with me your blessings and how the Lord is currently using you as a blessing to others.

1 comment:

Lori said...

So this will sound weird, but a gal that I used to talk with sometimes online a few years back, has moved to my old hometown, and she's been keeping up on me by my MySpace. She finally wrote me and said she was amazed at what all I'd been thru and how things have turned out now and that she was feeling so lost, and knew that she needed God, but didn't even know where to begin. She said I was an inspiration to her so she was asking ME for advice and direction. ME! Frankly I was a little intimidated, and so I prayed before answering her.

when I did write her I told her a bit more about my walk, I told her about praying and that it doesn't need to be fancy. I told her to get a bible, and find one that she was comfortable reading and gave her my faves. And because she now lives in my old hometown, I was able to tell her of a few good churches that she could get plugged into. Turns out one church I mentioned her daughter has been going to w/ a friend lately!

I've been praying for her and writing her every couple of days and it's just been such a blessing to have helped someone find their way to Christ!!

When she first wrote me back, she commented on how I just answered her questions, and didn't judge her or make her feel stupid or inadequate. I just told her how could I be any of those things when Jesus loves me and I'm a hopeless sinner as well.

Anywho, it's going well, and she's now asked me to send her a devotional I read every day.

Thought that was pretty sweet!