Thursday, September 4, 2008

Heart


Here it is my long awaited first attempt at BLOGGING!

During this time away, besides a season of rest and relaxation my main purpose is to seek God, His grace, His Blessing, and His Supernatural activity in my life. A great many at times experience spiritually dry times, those dry times tend to diminish our desire for the things of God and hardened our hearts.

Challenges, obstacles and worries, all tend to become bothersome distractions and wear on us. Today I read some outstanding scripture verses, that when looked at more closely, they become tremendously impacting.

Psalms 42:1-2 NIV “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you oh God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God …..”

As water is essential for physical life, so God and His presence are essential for direction, satisfaction and wholeness of life.

Twice, in Ezekiel (11:19) HOLMAN BIBLE God said “and I will give them one heart and put on a new spirit within them; I will remove their heart of stone from their bodies and give them a heart of flesh.”

Ezekiel (26:36) HOLMAN BIBLE “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you! I will remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.”

As I am seeking to have a softened heart that is sensitive to the work and voice of God, I am also praying for each person who is apart of our community of faith at Bethel Temple.

Over time I have observed that people with hardened hearts are afflicted with a deep spiritual ailment that makes them stiffed necked, bull-headed, and miserable. As their lives begin to reflect so many impurities they make others around them miserable too.

A hardened heart can have devastating effects – consuming the individual who has it, stunting their Christian growth and hastening their spiritual death.

I am so very thankful to serve as the Senior Pastor of a church filled with people who desire and want softened hearts that can hear Gods voice. Together as we keep Christ in sight and the Lords will as our goal we will experience much more blessing growth and unity.

No comments: