Monday, December 12, 2011

Sunday Splash!

Sunday was such an extremely encouraging day! It was another fun weekend at Sunset Chapel! I am being blown away at the number of guest's who are showing up week after week. During our "extended" friendship time I made some terrific connections with Maria, Valentina, Edgar, Julie, Chris and Mirta! All these new faces are energizing our church to see ahead to the vision that God has for our church. God is doing something that has everyone sitting up and starting to notice. There is such a great spirit in our church right now. Start inviting people now to next weekend's worship experience. Even if people have turned your invitation down dozens of times...DO NOT GIVE UP ON THEM! God didn't give up on you and it might be your next invitation that God uses to transform someones life forever! When we bring people with us to see first hand what God is doing at Sunset Chapel the chances that they will have their lives changed skyrocket!

 I did my best to unwrap the second message in our mini-series "The Gift of Change." Everyone appears to be tracking with these messages. And the feedback that I'm receiving indicates that it is a series that is resonating with several. God wants us to experience His best! And far to many had been settling for less in their lives. As I've been stating for the past two weeks, change is an "inside job." With God, the great physician transplanting a new heart inside us. Not only do we get a new lease on life we also receive new sensory responses, cravings, and habits. Paraphrasing Ezekiel 36:26 (Living Bible) it basically says, "I will give you a new heart and I will put within you a new spirit. I will take out your stony/stubborn heart and I will give you a tender responsive heart." That's why when you and I surrender our hearts and control of our lives to God... something inside us changes! Change is initiated in our hearts. I love seeing the changes that God is doing in the lives of so many!

I love the Christmas season don't you? This is our family's third Christmas in Miami and our first in our new home. Shari has decorated the tree's and we have been involved in numerous holiday activities already. We capped off our day hosting a Christmas gathering for prayer and fellowship. It was a great evening of connecting with many who attend SC on a regular basis. There was so much food! I had to have gained 3-5 pounds just overnight! My wife made Brunswick Stew for the very first time and it was off the charts "Excellent"!
I announced our first ever "Christmas Gift Offering" yesterday in our service! Please help us bring some holiday cheer to some families with children who are really struggling right now. We will be receiving this offering next weekend December 18th. If your unable to attend there are several ways you can contribute to this offering. You can drop off your donation at the church, mail it, or better yet go to sunsetchapel.com and click on the online giving icon and follow the prompts. All donations will be tax deductible. Thank you so much for helping us put smile on some children's faces this year!

Have a blessed week!!

No comments: