Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Whose side are you on?

Reading from Luke 11:23 (NIV) today in my devotions it says, "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters." It is totally impossible to remain neutral and on the sidelines regarding this spiritual conflict. There is simply no safe zone in this spiritual tug of war! The Message Bible says it this way "This is war, and there is no middle ground. If you're not on my side, you're the enemy, if you're not helping, your making things worse."

Let me break this down for you, those who do not join with Christ in opposing Satan and his evil influences... have in reality already set themselves against Christ and God's purposes on earth. Evil is never idle or inactive. It's destructive intent and effects are seen everywhere in our words, actions and attitudes. With no exceptions you are either on God's side and truth OR you are on the side of Satan and his constant lies.

Knowing that half-hearted commitments and partial obedience are unacceptable. By doing nothing and allowing our walk with God to dangerously drift and become lukewarm... we are in reality siding with Satan.

My prayer today is that you and I make right choices that clearly demonstrate to others through our actions, conversations and countenance that we won't allow our relationship with Christ to become compromised in any way.

May our example create open doors for transparent connections with others to take place so that we can become better servants and "gather" rather than "scatter".

No comments: