Monday, August 15, 2011

Being Rich!

I am an avid reader of books. One that I have been devouring in recent days is "Leading on Empty" by Wayne Cordeiro. His books have always offered substantial information and help to me as a minister. This particular book is a must read for everyone involved in full time ministry. As he reevaluated his life following a season of burnout he candidly shares that experience so that others can be encouraged who find themselves traveling down that same path.

Reading this morning I came across these words he penned..."You see, my goal in life is not necessarily to get rich. It is to BE RICH---in my faith, my marriage, my family and my ministry. It is a choice that I made when I defined what rich would mean. It is an attitude, a value, a decision, an intention. Choose to live life on purpose, to love intentionally, and to plan accordingly." This is great advice!

I feel very blessed this morning to know that God has supplied everything that I need. Yet I realize that in order for me to remain rich I need to make every effort to ensure that I stay actively involved this intentional growth process. Each day God reveals areas in my life that I need development in. As I follow His guidance I know that I am taking healthy steps forward and avoiding a debilitating season of burnout! May God's presence in your life today sustain you and cause you to live your life with balance.

No comments: