Monday, August 23, 2010

Sunday Splash!











I know it's Monday and I usually write this update on Sunday but after the service yesterday I just kind of crashed! I took the longest nap ever after I got home!
We experienced another superb day at Sunset Chapel!
The atmosphere was electric yesterday..I can't wait to see all the God reveals during this week!
Let me just say something right now about our volunteers here at SC. We have the best volunteers anywhere!! Their involvement and investment into SC continues to bring refreshment and rejuvenation into my soul each weekend!! Our usher's were absolutely AMAZING yesterday! We had so many first time guests and they were all going the extra mile to make sure everyone was able to find a seat! It was such a fantastic sight seeing the building so full! We even had people sitting up in the balcony as nearly all the seats on the main floor were taken!
I want to thank "Dorothy" a new guest yesterday who attended with her two daughters Kathy and Alanna! After she took her sun glasses off she stated "How cute I was"!! She just made my day! I love the senior adults who attend SC! I completely disregarded her daughters remark that mom had just had eye surgery! Her vision was just perfect to me!!! lol
It was also great having so many of our Sunset Christian Academy teachers, support staff, students and families in the service for our "Back To School service"!!
It was hands down my favorite services of the year thus far! Yesterday was such a fun day at Sunset Chapel!!
Our BGMC offering was insane!! Me thinks that my wife Shari and Bethany (Pastor Adam's wife) conspired to steal the victory from the boy's!! Not sure who won the contest yet, the winner's will be announced next week in Kid's Inc.
The "SHARK SONG" was a HUGE HIT yesterday!! Thanks to all the Kid's Inc. leaders, children and our "volunteered" SCA teachers (Maylen Velazquez, Lourdes Echazabal, Florelia Lengua, and our Pre School Director Pilar Martin) for introducing it to the entire church!!!
The message "God's Plans" seemed to be received well by everyone.
It was fun taking everyone back to school as I gave my "oral report". Let me give a shout out to Mrs. Terry Pimienta one of our Sunset Christian Academy teacher's for helping me with the opening skit! Man she busted my chops for chewing gum in class!
I laid out a BIBLE CHALLENGE to everyone. I encouraged them to take their Bible with them everyday to work, school, etc. for the next 30 days! Steve Pulis gave this challenge out to thousands of students at this years National Fine Arts Festival! It's a great idea!! God has given His textbook for us to learn more about Him and to apply His Word everyday in our lives! I would love to hear where you've taken and read your Bibles! Keep me posted! Add me as your facebook friend and share with me how you've taken God's Word with you!!
I made a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT yesterday at the end of the service! ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!! SC will be hosting our FIRST EVER "TAILGATE SUNDAY" September 19th! We will be moving our service time up to 10:00 am on that date. Some of that days activities include a concert with Leannette Lopez! She is a very talented vocalist that everyone is sure to enjoy!! Also we'll host a "THRILL OF THE GRILL" contest!! More details about that will be forthcoming! After service activities will include a co-ed flag football game and later the opportunity to come into the building and watch our hometown Dolphins whip up on the Vikings! This will be a great opportunity to invite friends to come check out Sunset Chapel and introduce them to our great church!!

No comments: