Saturday, June 5, 2010

First Year Anniversary!

I am really looking forward to tomorrows service at Sunset Chapel! I am looking forward to sharing with you some new vision ideas that God has given me for our church!

I can hardly believe that a whole year has flown by so quickly! This first year is just the beginning! Let's continue to maximize our efforts and strive to reach our potential every single week during this second year of ministry together! I am so glad that Sunset Chapel believes in the vision God has given to us to reach our city! Thank you all for eagerly supporting His vision for reaching those living far from Him!

It is an incredible privilege and honor to serve as the Lead Pastor here at Sunset Chapel! I feel like I am in the center of God's will, and I wouldn't want to trade places with anyone, anywhere, for any reason! We have the BEST people coming to SC every week! I just love the people we have in our church! We've all heard stories of people who have given up on the church for various reasons...then someone invited them or they heard about our church and they came to check us out...and now they keep coming week after week!

Each week we have the opportunity to see people accept Christ into their lives and become completely changed. I never tire of seeing that!! Following Christ is the best decision anyone could ever make and I am determined to give a clear presentation of Him in all our services and give people the opportunity to cross the line of faith!

I see people each Sunday smiling at each other, laughing together, crying together, even praying together! I just love our church!!!

I am so blessed to be surrounded by such caring, gifted leaders on our church board! i am so thankful for Tammy, Frances. Luis, Terry, and Sterling! This group consistently provide me with encouragement, inspiration and wisdom! They help me in so many ways to carry out the vision that God has given me for Sunset Chapel!

Our ministry team is fantastic! I wish you all had the opportunity to spend the time behind the scenes to really see them in action when they are not serving on Sundays and Wednesdays. Adam, Douglas, Kevin are three of the best you will find for using their gifts for God's Kingdom purposes! I so appreciate their contributions for helping SC become a great place to encounter God's presence!

I am tremendously blessed to be married to my wife Shari! She is incredibly talented, compassionate, steady and...beautiful!! (I absolutely LOVE being her husband!!). She is my best friend, we can go for walks and talk about anything. If my world were to fall apart today, next week, month or year..she would be there for me. She is also a terrific mom to our sons! She is the best ministry companion God could have ever given to me!!

No comments: