Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Splash!

* What a weekend!
* I don't know what words to even use to describe how I feel about this day.
* I am so delighted to be in this season of ministry.
* I am also truly humbled to have the opportunity to serve as the lead pastor in this great church.
* Having the Peninsular Florida District Superintendent-Rev. Terry Raburn with us today was such an honor.
* His message on" Unfinished Assignments" struck a chord with us all and it should refuel our passion for Christ!
* None of us present today will ever forget the powerful conclusion to the service as he challenged us individually and corporately as a church to move forward as a church.
* If you missed today's service you can listen to the entire message online on the church website! Special thanks to Denis Wagovich and Terry Blankenship for making this possible!
* Each of us should do our best to introduce people to the extravagant love of God. Hopefully we will take advantage and snag some of the opportunities that Christ presents us with in the coming week.
* Let me brag on our worship team! This weekend they were simply off the charts! Their rendition of "Lift His Name On High" with a Caribbean flavor was amazing! Didn't you enjoy John Kricker and Michael Mlacker? They really kicked that song up a notch with their brass sounds! Be sure to let Doug Flores know how much you appreciated his talent as a worship leader too.
* I am so proud of everyone serving in ministry here at SC!
* We are anticipating a great summer at Sunset Chapel.
* This past week I've downloaded so much in my conversations, experiences and meetings.
* Week after week I have been able to get into a variety of environments and meet people of all ages and backgrounds.
* Many times I have discovered, we have to get out of our normal life patterns, change our perspectives and just listen to what is going on in other people's lives.
* I am convinced that with all my heart God is going to impact and transform lives during this summer season.
* I want to encourage you to invite every breathing person you know who is far away from God to be with you this coming Sunday!
* God is up to something BIG!!! More details will be posted later this week and announced next Sunday in the service.

1 comment:

Lori said...

We re so excited to read what God & you are up to in Miami! It's great to see our prayers being answered. We miss you so much!