Saturday, November 8, 2008

coffee



This morning I woke up early and stumbled downstairs half-awake straight to our coffee maker. I'm a creature of habit and this is a daily activity for me. I love coffee. The aroma and taste equally get my day started. Preferably I drink Folgers or Maxwell House, straight black, (no cream or sugar added). I can easily consume 6-8 cups before arriving at the office each morning. And yes it's true I bring Shari a cup every morning. Once I arrive at the church office I'll drink another 2-4 cups before noon, which is when I usually shut it down. The only time I drink coffee other than black is when I'm at Starbucks, where I order my favorite, Grande ' whipped carmel latte with carmel drizzle on top' (hint, hint). Why all this discussion on coffee? Well, it's because two very sweet ladies in our church recently blessed me with their words of encouragement and their expressions of kindness which were so much appreciated. One of them even gave me a new coffee mug that is now my all-time favorite cup to drink coffee from. Everyone needs encouragement, it refreshes the soul and strengthens the heart. Join me today in looking for someone to bless. You'll be glad you did!

Speaking of coffee, I just realized that I'm gonna have to nearly give up my Starbuck's coffee in order to start saving for our Africa Missions Trip in March 08. If I give up my favorite coffee drink at approximately $4.00 a cup I figured that it will take 750 cups of coffee to equal the $3,000 I need to raise. I'm in for a massive caffiene headache! Pray for me!! Maybe God will speak to some of you to join with me in giving up your Starbuck's and help me get to Africa to help construct a new church and do outreach ministry!??!

I woke up today with my thoughts focused on our service on Sunday, Let me encourage you to do whatever it takes to bring friends, family members and neighbors to church with you. I'll be presenting God's truth with everything I've got. I'm so amazed at how much God is able to accomplish. Just this week, two young adults (20 somethings) met with me in my office and re-dedicated their lives to Christ!! They realized only He can replace emptiness - only He can forgive past mistakes and offer a new future filled with hope, peace and fulfillment. I can't promise you that all your guest's will accept Christ into their hearts, but I can promise that they will hear His message of love, forgiveness, and restoration in a very clear and in a compelling way.
See ya tomorrow!

4 comments:

Pastor Dave said...

ME NEED STARBUCKS!!! ME NEED IT NOW!!!

Lori said...

8 to 12 cups of coffee BEFORE you even get to work?!?! Well, that explains a LOT!

Reggie Duke II said...

That's what happens when you go to bed too early! Ha ha!

Sarah said...

Hello all, This is Sarah Hargis, I was asked by our "chef" aka Scott to put the recipe of the cheesecake I made for the Thanksgiving Feast on here. I take it that it was good so here it is.
New York Cheesecake
14 servings

1 cup Graham Cracker crumbs
3 TBSP sugar
3 TBSP butter, melted
5 packages (8 oz ea.) cream cheese
1 cup sugar
3 TBSP flour
1 TBSP vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 can (21oz) fruit topping

Mix crumbs, 3 tbsp sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9 in spring form pan or just pie dish. Bake at 350 for 5 min
Mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer on med speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition, just until blended. Blend in sour cream. Pour over crust.
Bake for 10 min and then lower temp to250, bake for 1 hr 5 min or until center is almost set. Run a small knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hrs or overnight. Top with fruit topping or leave plain.
Enjoy!!!